How To Make Poke Turtle Brownies
Heaven must taste like these turtle brownies. Rich chocolate brownies are oozing in caramel sauce, studded with chocolate chips, and filled with pecans.
- 1cupbutter,(2 sticks) melted
- 2cupsgranulated sugar
- ¾cupunsweetened cocoa powder
- 4large eggs
- 2tspvanilla extract
- ½tspbaking powder
- 1cupsemisweet chocolate chips
- 1¼cuppecans,roughly chopped, divided
- ¾cupEasy Caramel Sauce,store bought, divided
- ¼cupmini semisweet chocolate chips,may substitute regular size
For Chocolate Frosting:
- ¼cupcocoa powder,(plus 2 tbsp)
- 2tbsplight corn syrup,or honey
- 1tspvanilla extract
- 1½cupspowdered sugar,sifted
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes. Let pan cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes then poke holes all over with the back of a wooden spoon.
Pour half a cup caramel over brownies and spread into holes with a spatula. Refrigerate brownies for one hour or freeze for 30 minutes to let the caramel set. Meanwhile, prepare the Chocolate Frosting.
Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Add powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons milk and beat until smooth, adding additional milk if needed to reach spreading consistency.
Once caramel has set, frost brownies with Chocolate Frosting. Sprinkle evenly with half a cup chopped pecans, ¼ cup mini chocolate chips and drizzle with ¼ cup caramel.
Serve immediately or refrigerate to allow frosting to set and make cutting easier.
- Calories: 338.34kcal
- Fat: 18.36g
- Saturated Fat: 9.19g
- Trans Fat: 0.43g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6.22g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.80g
- Carbohydrates: 45.09g
- Fiber: 2.61g
- Sugar: 30.74g
- Protein: 3.44g
- Cholesterol: 59.20mg
- Sodium: 108.94mg
- Calcium: 34.66mg
- Potassium: 140.62mg
- Iron: 1.17mg
- Vitamin A: 105.82µg
- Vitamin C: 0.09mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!