How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan
Make weeknight dinners easy with this instant pot chicken parmesan. It’s cooked in marinara sauce with garlic and Parmesan, then topped with mozzarella.
- 1tspextra virgin olive oil
- 2clovesgarlic,thinly sliced
- 1½cupsmarinara sauce,prepared
- 3tbspParmesan cheese,grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- 12ozthin chicken cutlets,(4 cutlets)
- ½tspkosher salt,or more to taste
- 4ozfresh mozzarella cheese,grated
- basil,chopped, for garnish, optional
Using the sauté function (on low, if possible), heat the oil in the pressure cooker pot. Stir in the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes until just turning golden.
Stir in the marinara sauce, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
Increase the sauté heat to medium.
Season the chicken with salt, oregano, and pepper to taste. Nestle the cutlets into the sauce, overlapping as little as possible, then spoon the sauce over to cover the chicken.
Lock the lid into place and cook on low pressure for 3 minutes. Manually release the pressure.
Sprinkle the mozzarella and the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan evenly over the chicken. Cover the pot with the lid (but don’t lock it on) and let it sit for 4 to 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Serve as is or, for deeper flavors and a little bit of crispiness, broil the cheese until golden and bubbling.
To broil the cheese:
- Heat the broiler with a rack 4 inches from the heat source.
- Scoop the chicken and sauce into a greased small rimmed baking sheet, trying to keep the cheese on top.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese has browned. Sprinkle with basil, if desired.
- Calories: 326.46kcal
- Fat: 19.28g
- Saturated Fat: 8.15g
- Trans Fat: 0.09g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6.96g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.56g
- Carbohydrates: 9.39g
- Fiber: 2.04g
- Sugar: 5.81g
- Protein: 27.92g
- Cholesterol: 86.38mg
- Sodium: 766.03mg
- Calcium: 289.31mg
- Potassium: 547.07mg
- Iron: 1.66mg
- Vitamin A: 123.65µg
- Vitamin C: 2.45mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!