How To Make Ground Beef Instant Pot
Cook up a filling and umami-packed bite in this Korean ground beef instant pot recipe. This meaty dish is paired with fluffy rice.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 14 mins
Total: 24 mins
For Ground Beef:
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- ginger, (1-inch) grated or minced
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, for garnish
- 6 green onions, chopped, for garnish
For Instant Pot White Rice:
- 2 cups rice, long-grained, rinsed
- 2½ cups water
- ½ tsp salt
Add ground beef to Instant Pot and turn on Saute mode. Brown ground beef on Saute setting. Drain hamburger grease if necessary.
- Add in the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, and black and red pepper.
Insert a high trivet.
Instant Pot White Rice:
Rinse long-grain white rice and then add the rice, water, and salt to a 6 or 7-inch pan, and then set the pan on top of the high trivet.
Set the Instant Pot to Sealing and select a High-pressure cooking time for 4 minutes.
- Do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, and then let out the remaining pressure.
- Remove the pan of Instant Pot rice and the trivet.
Serve ground beef with rice. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!