You’ll hardly remember why French Fries are so appealing when you try these!
How To Make Avocado Fries With Chipotle Ketchup
This is a healthier take to your usual fries. Try using avocado and be surprised with how the outcome tastes like.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Total: 45 mins
- oil , for frying
- 2 avocados, just beginning to ripen
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup panko, Japanese bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 chipotle pepper, in adobo sauce, chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ tsp Chinese Five Spice powder
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- For ketchup, heat olive oil in saucepan and sauté onion and garlic for 6 minutes.
- Add chipotle pepper and tomatoes, cooking over low for 5 minutes.
- Add spices, vinegar and brown sugar, simmer for 8 minutes.
- Puree in food processor, add salt to taste.
Heat oil to 350 degrees F in deep fryer.
- Cut avocado in half, remove seed, quarter each half, gently peel skin away.
- Combine flour, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper in flat bowl.
- Put Panko in another flat bowl.
- Lightly beat eggs and milk, and put in yet another flat bowl.
- Dredge avocado slices in flour, then egg mixture, coat with Panko.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve with Chipotle Ketchup.
- Sugar: 34g
- Calcium: 138mg
- Calories: 590kcal
- Carbohydrates: 80g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Fat: 26g
- Fiber: 10g
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 873mg
- Protein: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 759mg
- Vitamin A: 831IU
- Vitamin C: 22mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!