How To Make Original Chicken Breast (KFC Copycat)
Wondering what makes KFC's original chicken breast tasty? This recipe serves a spice-and-herb-packed bite similar to the fast-food giant's.
- Add the spices to a small food processor until they're all uniform in size and the thyme, basil and oregano aren't larger in size anymore.
- Add the flour in a bowl with all the herbs and spices and mix with a whisk.
- In a second larger bowl add the buttermilk and egg together and whisk until combined.
Add the chicken to the buttermilk mixture for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the buttermilk soak and let any excess buttermilk drip off.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture on all sides, then shake off the excess coating.
Let it rest on a cookie sheet for 20 to 30 minutes.
Add oil to a deep fryer or a large pot that is at least 5-inch high so that the chicken can be fully submerged.
Heat the oil to 350 degrees F and fry in small batches for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and add to a drying rack on top of a clean cookie sheet.
Serve and enjoy.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!