This Southern fried chicken recipe duplicates Popeye’s Famous Fried Chicken using white pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika and flour and egg-dipped chicken. A lot of people in the South consider Popeye’s Fried Chicken the very best fried chicken that there is. Now you can make your own delicious fried chicken at home with this great fried chicken recipe that tastes just like Popeye’s.
How To Make Popeye's Famous Fried Chicken
- Heat oil over medium heat in a deep fryer or in a deep skillet on the stove.
- Combine the flour, salt, peppers, and paprika in a bowl. In another bowl, break eggs and beat until well-blended.
- Dip each piece of chicken into eggs; then coat generously with the flour mixture.
- Drop each piece into the hot oil and fry for 15 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is a dark golden brown.
- Drain chicken on paper towels and serve warm
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!