How To Make Buffalo Shrimp (Hooters Copycat)
Crunchy, spicy, and tasty, this perfectly deep-fried buffalo shrimp, inspired by Hooters, makes the perfect 30-minute appetizer.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving tails on for a prettier presentation. Set aside.
- Combine butter, Frank’s and habanero sauce in a small pot and heat on low until melted. Keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and water until thoroughly combined.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and seasoning salt.
- One at a time, dip each shrimp by the tail into the egg, drain, then gently roll in flour. Coat all shrimp this way, leaving them in the flour bowl as they are covered.
Place the bowl in the fridge to rest while heating the oil in a deep pot. Oil should be 1½ to 2-inch deep.
Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
Toss shrimp in flour once more to be sure all are thoroughly coated. Carefully drop into hot oil, frying 6 to 8 shrimp at a time. Adjust the flame to keep the temperature between 360 to 380 degrees F.
- Fry about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon and let drain on a rack.
Just before serving, drizzle with warm Buffalo sauce. Enjoy!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Dip, Sauce & Condiment
Cajun-seasoned Chicken and shrimp are marinated to soulful perfection in this copycat Bourbon Street Chicken & Shrimp Recipe. This Applebee’s menu favorite shows off the South’s flavorful, bayou-style cooking!