How To Make Flounder Milanese with Arugula and Tomatoes
Cooking your flounder Milanese recipe will assure you of that outside crunch. Enhance this with arugula salad and lemon for that peppery and zingy taste!
- 4flounder filets,4oz each, skinless
- pinchkosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1medium vine ripe tomato,diced small
- 1tspolive oil
- 2large egg whites
- ⅔cupseasoned bread crumbs
- 1tbspolive oil spray
Season fish lightly with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine the arugula, tomato, olive oil and the juice from half of of the lemon. Season with salt and pepper, toss and set aside. Slice the other half of the lemon into 4 slices or wedges to serve with the fish.
In a shallow bowl, beat the egg whites. Place the bread crumbs in another dish.
Dip each fish filet in the egg whites, then bread crumbs.
Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Spray a generous amount of olive oil spray on one side of the fish, and lay it in the pan, oil side down. Spray the other side of the fish generously to coat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until the crumbs are golden and the fish is opaque and cooked through.
To serve, place a fillet on each dish and top with arugula salad and lemon.
- If fresh fish is available, purchase fish the day or day before you are going to cook it.
- If fresh isn’t available, buy frozen instead of previously frozen so you can control freshness and keep it frozen until you need it.
- Frozen fish fillets are great to keep on hand in the freezer. You can defrost them overnight in the fridge or pull from from the freezer and put them in an ice bath (in the package if they are individually wrapped or in a sealed Ziploc) for about 30 minutes.
- Calories: 250.31kcal
- Fat: 8.89g
- Saturated Fat: 1.60g
- Trans Fat: 0.02g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4.37g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.56g
- Carbohydrates: 16.87g
- Fiber: 2.11g
- Sugar: 2.82g
- Protein: 25.46g
- Cholesterol: 73.35mg
- Sodium: 649.11mg
- Calcium: 110.77mg
- Potassium: 500.36mg
- Iron: 1.74mg
- Vitamin A: 53.38µg
- Vitamin C: 14.90mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!