How To Make Creamy Confetti Corn with Bacon
Enjoy a colorful side dish with this confetti corn sauteed with bacon, bell peppers, and onions, made creamy with milk and Neufchatel cheese.
- 4½cupsfresh corn,(from about 7 ears)
- 8ozbacon,(8 slices), diced into small pieces
- ⅔cupsmall red bell pepper,chopped
- ½cupred onion,chopped
- ½tspsalt and freshly ground black pepper,(each), or to taste
- 6ozNeufchatel cheese,or light cream cheese, diced into cubes
- ⅓cupmilk,plus more as needed
- ⅓cupgreen onions,chopped, optional
- 2tbspfresh parsley,chopped
Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Drain off rendered bacon fat while reserving 1 tablespoon in skillet.
Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Heat skillet with drippings over medium-high heat.
Add corn, bell pepper, red onion and season with salt and pepper. Saute for about 6 minutes until tender.
Add in Neufchatel cheese and milk and cook and stir until the cheese has melted. Add in more milk 1 tablespoon at a time to thin as needed.
Stir in green onions, parsley and half the bacon. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with remaining bacon. Serve warm.
- Calories: 294.03kcal
- Fat: 20.10g
- Saturated Fat: 7.95g
- Trans Fat: 0.05g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7.56g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.82g
- Carbohydrates: 21.51g
- Fiber: 2.48g
- Sugar: 8.57g
- Protein: 10.09g
- Cholesterol: 40.53mg
- Sodium: 440.95mg
- Calcium: 54.15mg
- Potassium: 428.61mg
- Iron: 0.88mg
- Vitamin A: 99.57µg
- Vitamin C: 23.11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!