How To Make Jerk Chicken with Mango Avocado Salsa and Coconut Rice
Full of warm Jamaican flavors, this jerk chicken is a smoky dish that is complemented by the fresh and light tastes of the salsa and coconut rice.
- 1½lbschicken breasts,or chicken thighs, skinless and boneless, trimmed
- 8green onions,roots trimmed, chopped into thirds
- 1jalapeño,stemmed, chopped into thirds
- 1inchknob ginger,peeled and minced
- ⅓cupsoy sauce
- ¼cupfresh lime juice
- 2tbspolive oil,plus more for grill
- 1tbsplight brown sugar,packed
- 2tspfresh thyme leaves
- 1tspground allspice
- 1tspfreshly ground black pepper
- ½tspground cinnamon
- ½tspground nutmeg
- Coconut Rice,see notes below for recipe
- Mango Avocado Salsa,see notes below for recipe
If using chicken breasts, pound thicker parts with the flat side of a meat mallet to even out their thickness.
Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag.
Add remaining marinade ingredients to a food processor and plus several times to chop (it should be somewhat coarse).
Pour marinade over chicken in bag and rub marinade over chicken, seal bag, transfer to refrigerator and allow to marinate at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours.
Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 400 degrees F.
Brush grill grates with oil then place chicken on grill.
Grill for about 4 to 5 mintues per side until center of chicken registers 165 degrees F on an instant read thermometer.
Remove from grill, cover to keep warm and let rest 5 minutes. Serve warm over Coconut Rice and top with Mango Avocado Salsa.
Recipe for Coconut Rice.
Recipe for Mango Avocado Salsa.
- Calories: 398.20kcal
- Fat: 22.90g
- Saturated Fat: 5.59g
- Trans Fat: 0.18g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11.47g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.16g
- Carbohydrates: 9.59g
- Fiber: 1.76g
- Sugar: 3.49g
- Protein: 38.19g
- Cholesterol: 108.86mg
- Sodium: 1281.86mg
- Calcium: 67.55mg
- Potassium: 620.89mg
- Iron: 2.34mg
- Vitamin A: 59.31µg
- Vitamin C: 16.07mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!