If you aren’t from the South or aren’t familiar with Southern cuisine, baked dressing might sound a little bizarre. This isn’t your typical sauce dressing; it is more similar to stuffing. This recipe shows you a down-home and delicious way to make cornbread dressing. Whether it’s Thanksgiving season or not, this baked dish tastes good all year round.
How To Make Copycat Cracker Barrel Cornbread Dressing
- 2/3 cup onion chopped
- 2 cups celery chopped
- 1 ⅓ cups cornbread grated
- 2/3 cups biscuits grated
- 1/4 cup parsley flakes
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp. ground sage
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 oz. margarine
- 14 oz. canned chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix onion, celery, grated cornbread, and biscuits, parsley, poultry seasoning, sage, and pepper in a bowl.
- Add melted margarine. Stir until blended.
- Add chicken broth to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Divide mixture evenly into two 8x8 inch pans sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour until lightly brown on the top. Serve.