This is a cornbread similar to the one used with Old Country Buffet’s famous dressing. It’s sweet and moist and easy to throw together if you don’t have much time.
How To Make Copycat Old Country Buffet's Sweet Cornbread Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray or lightly grease a 9 inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir in egg, milk, butter and vegetable oil until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.