Even those watching their carbs can enjoy morning biscuits. You don’t need to cut on the good stuff. All you need to do is watch out if they’re good for you. Try out our low carb biscuits recipe for your snack cravings without the guilt.
How To Make Low Carb Biscuits
- 2 cup wheat gluten flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup shortening
- 6 tbsp cream
- 6 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Combine cream and water to make 3/4 cup "milk" substitute.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in shortening thoroughly to resemble "meal".
- Stir in almost all of the "milk".
- If dough is not pliable, add just enough milk to make a puffy, easy to roll dough.
- Make a ball of dough and place on lightly floured surface.
- Knead 20-25 times or about one half minute.
- Roll out dough to about one half inch thickness.
- Cut with a floured cutter (a glass rim will work fine) and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 16 biscuits. 3.5 carbs per biscuit.