This garlic bacon bok choy recipe can easily make your list of keto dishes if you’re in a path to eating healthier. This easy recipe is simple in preparation but packed full of flavor in every bite.
How To Make Garlic Bacon Bok Choy
- Serving plate
- 3 rashers bacon fried
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 lb baby bok choy
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 4 tsp dried chili flakes
- Prepare the bok choy first. Wash the vegetables in coriander, pat them dry, and peel the individual leaves off. You can cook them as it is, cut in half, or small pieces. Set this aside.
- On a skillet over medium-high heat, fry 3 bacon rashers until they are crispy. Set this aside as well.
- Saute ingredients using the bacon fat from the same pan and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add the minced garlic and 1 pound of bok choy.
- Cook until bok choy wilts.
- Add ½ teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Add 4 teaspoons of dried chili flakes.
- Chop the bacon rashers into crumbles for toppings.
- Serve on a plate. Top with chopped bacon.
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
Is this keto friendly?
If you’re into a ketogenic diet, you would be glad to know that bok choy has very low carbs and almost no fat just like most greens you can use in a salad. They are very rich in Vitamin K. If you need more protein in this dish, you can always add more bacon, mushrooms, and boiled eggs. For more flavor, you can also use ginger and red pepper in the recipe.
Are there bacon alternatives?
Yes! If you’re slimming down your intake of fat, you can substitute bacon with a leaner meat, such as turkey bacon.
How can I turn this into a vegan recipe?
You can omit the bacon and replace it with tempeh or tofu as an alternative source of protein for this recipe.