If you’re having trouble getting the young ones to eat their vegetables, this is a great way of adding nutritional vegetables to their diet.
Go ahead and substitute pumpkins with sweet potatoes or butternut squash. This dish is so versatile, it’s no surprise it will soon be your go-to recipe when time is not on your side.
How To Make Spicy Pumpkin Appetizer Soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. butter/olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onions
- 3 ½ cups canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup fresh garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- You will need to prepare the following ingredients to make this simple dish at home.
- In a heated pot, saute ½ a cup each of chopped yellow onions and garlic in olive oil or butter. Of course butter would add a wonderful rich flavor to your appetizer but, if you’re counting your calories then your healthiest option has got to be olive oil.
- Now, pour in 3 ½ cups of canned pumpkin puree into your mixture. Scrape off the yummy brown bits from the pot and stir your ingredients until fully combined.
- Next, add a tablespoon each of curry powder and thyme. Throw in ½ a teaspoon of freshly ground pepper. Stir mixture until completely combined.
- Now, pour in 2 cups of chicken broth. Simmer until liquid is soup consistency. Chicken broth will add the depth of flavor just perfect for the sweetness of the pumpkin.
- Remove the pot from the stove and set aside to cool. Next, pour your soup mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour your spicy pumpkin soup into a bowl. Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and serve. Season with salt to taste and enjoy!
- Top your pumpkin soup with a dollop of sour cream. This will add a tangy touch to the spicy sweet flavors of your Pumpkin Soup.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds for more nutrients. Did you know that pumpkin seeds are rich in antioxidants? Antioxidants help fight against diseases and reduce inflammation.
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
How can I make this recipe more flavorful?
Instead of using chicken broth, you can substitute with water or vegetable stock. You can always make a richer and creamier soup by mixing ½ a cup of cream with your stock of choice. The cream will act as a thickening agent for your soup.
Spicy Pumpkin soup, so simple to make it only takes you 20 minutes to prepare! A delicious appetizer that will be a great hit with the family.