A healthy and creamy fall soup, but without the added calories of cream. It’s a great starter for your Thanksgiving dinner. Try out our harvest moon recipe.
How To Make Harvest Moon Soup
Squash, red apples and autumn spices flavor this interesting harvest soup. The flavors perfectly encapsulate the aroma and taste of the season.
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil and saute onion and celery until translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, cinnamon, nutmeg, sage, squash, apples, and sweet potatoes or parsnips.
- Simmer for 45 minutes or until the squash, apples, and parsnip are fork-tender.
- Using a hand blender or food processor, puree the soup until smooth.
- Add the goat cheese, butter, and honey or maple syrup and continue to blend until all are incorporated.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into a bowl, garnish with parsley, and serve!
- Sugar: 22g
- Calcium: 76mg
- Calories: 315kcal
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Fat: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 364mg
- Protein: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 831mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 7609IU
- Vitamin C: 11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Dip, Sauce & Condiment
Make a creamy, pumpkin-flavored dip with hints of citrus orange using just a handful of ingredients! This Terrific Pumpkin Dip Recipe pairs deliciously with fruits, cookies, and biscuits.
Fresh avocados stuffed with tasty cottage cheese and refreshing spinach and tomatoes—our Fresh Avocado And Cottage Cheese Salad Recipe makes for a quick and healthy lunch that doesn’t lose out on deliciousness.
This recipe makes two delicious dishes that make a tasty and surprising combination when mixed together. The sweetness of the carrot pumpkin dip balances the cheesiness of the pesto cheese stuffed pretzels.
This delectable corn chowder soup made extra creamy with potatoes and heavy cream is the perfect comfort food for any season. With our copycat Panera corn chowder recipe, you can enjoy this corn chowder dish whether it’s winter, spring, summer, or fall.
This version of the roasted galette is an elegant yet fuss-free recipe that uses tomato and eggplant to make a delicious vegetable pie.
Whether it is the cold season or not, you'll never go wrong with this zucchini soup! This dish has a creamy mixture of pumpkin and zucchini.