What could represent all the fall flavors that we love better than a glass of pumpkin smoothie? It always has its signature autumn orange color, thanks to the pumpkins, and is creamy, earthy, and filling. You can make this healthy pumpkin pie smoothie recipe with only a few ingredients. Pair it with a bowl of kale salad for a delicious feel-good meal.
Tips on Making Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
One of the perks of making your own pumpkin pie shake is you can customize and add your own healthy twist to your drink. Read these helpful tips on how to make a perfect pumpkin pie milkshake at home:
- Use almond milk, soy milk, fresh or canned coconut milk, or other non-dairy milk of choice if you want a healthier alternative to evaporated milk. In the same way, you can switch stevia, Medjool dates, and maple syrup for sugar.
- If you can’t find canned pumpkin puree, you can make your own at home. Just peel, deseed, and cut a pumpkin into cubes. Then steam them for 15 minutes or until tender, and mash while they’re warm. The homemade puree will work just fine.
- Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder and make it a pumpkin protein shake for your pre-exercise drink.
- Make it ahead for breakfast by storing it in a freezer-safe cup with an air-tight lid to keep it from oxidizing.
- Serve it as a pumpkin spice smoothie bowl. Top it with some sliced almonds, pecans, flax seeds, chia seeds, bananas, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and a drizzle of maple syrup. Almond butter and peanut butter have flavors that also go well with pumpkin.
How To Make Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
This healthy starchy-sweet pumpkin smoothie will be your go-to fall drink. Perfect to start your mornings or to serve your guests along with fall pastries.
Combine all the ingredients for the pumpkin pie spice and set aside.
Combine the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, yogurt, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice in a blender. Cover and blend until the mixture is smooth.
Top with ¼ cup of whipped cream and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
Serve and enjoy this smoothie with your favorite fall pastries!
- Sugar: 43g
- Calcium: 484mg
- Calories: 338kcal
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Fat: 10g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 822mg
- Protein: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 179mg
- Vitamin A: 22370IU
- Vitamin C: 9mg
Commonly Asked Questions
Is pumpkin puree healthy?
Yes! Pumpkin puree is rich in minerals and antioxidants. In fact, it’s known to boost eyesight, strengthen the immune system, and promote heart health. In addition, it is high in potassium that helps lower blood pressure, and aids bone health. Moreover, its low-calorie count makes it ideal for those on a weight loss diet.
What fruit mixes well with pumpkin?
Pumpkin goes well with oranges, limes, cranberries, pears, apples, peaches, and coconut. You can add these to your yummy healthy smoothie.
ConclusionHave a spice-filled holiday with our easy-to-make pumpkin smoothie. It's the perfect refreshment to get you into the fall mood or when you’re suddenly craving a delicious slice of pumpkin pie.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!