How To Make Agua de Jamaica (Hibiscus Tea) Recipe
- 8 cups water
- 1½ cups dried hibiscus flowers
- ⅔ cup sugar, add more or less to taste
- ⅓ cup orange juice, fresh, or lemon/lime juice, optional
- Bring the water to boil in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar, then stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat, then add the hibiscus flours and stir to combine.
- Let steep for about 20 minutes, then remove the hibiscus flowers with a strainer.
- Stir in citrus juice, then refrigerate.
- Serve over ice, and enjoy!
- Calcium: 31.4mg
- Calories: 74.4kcal
- Carbohydrates: 18.9g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.0g
- Potassium: 43.2mg
- Protein: 0.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.0g
- Sodium: 10.4mg
- Sugar: 17.5g
- Vitamin A: 2.5mcg
- Vitamin C: 6.4mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!