How To Make Agua de Jamaica (Hibiscus Tea) Recipe
Served over ice, this hibiscus tea is made with dried hibiscus flowers that’s boiled and steeped. It’s also stirred with citrus juice for a cool, zesty drink.
- 8 cups water
- 1½ cups dried hibiscus flowers
- ⅔ cup sugar, add more or less to taste
- ⅓ cup orange juice, fresh, or lemon/lime juice, optional
- Bring the water to boil in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar, then stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat, then add the hibiscus flours and stir to combine.
- Let steep for about 20 minutes, then remove the hibiscus flowers with a strainer.
- Stir in citrus juice, then refrigerate.
- Serve over ice, and enjoy!
- Calcium: 31.4mg
- Calories: 74.4kcal
- Carbohydrates: 18.9g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.0g
- Potassium: 43.2mg
- Protein: 0.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.0g
- Sodium: 10.4mg
- Sugar: 17.5g
- Vitamin A: 2.5mcg
- Vitamin C: 6.4mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!