How To Make Winter Melon Milk Tea
Feeling the heat? Cool down with this winter melon milk tea recipe! Winter melon, jasmine leaves, and sugar complete this cold drink.
- 6½ cup winter melon fruit
- 1 cup brown sugar, powdered
- 4 tbsp rock sugar
For Milk Tea:
- 1½ tbsp fresh milk or creamer
- 1 tbsp jasmine tea leaves
- 1½ tbsp winter melon syrup, as prepared
- 1 tbsp sugar or agave or fructose syrup
- 5 ice cubes
Wintermelon Milk Tea Syrup:
- Start by washing and peeling the fruit. Deseed the fruit and cut it into small pieces, enough to be cooked easily.
- Make sure not to discard the seeds, just set them aside. Get a large pot and add the cubed fruit into it.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on the fruit as you turn on low heat and let it sit for an hour or so.
- After a while, you will start noticing a layer of water at the bottom of the pot. The water from the melon is collected in this way. Don’t get rid of the water; just place the pot over medium heat afterwards.
- When the water starts to boil, add the rock sugar to the pot. As an option, add the seeds we previously set aside to intensify the taste of the melon.
- Reduce the heat from medium to low, cool the infusion for 90 minutes as you want the fruit to turn transparent.
- Remove the pot from heat and let it cool. Extract the wintermelon syrup from fruit with a linen cloth or mesh strainer.
- Add a teaspoon of jasmine tea leaves in 200ml boiling water, and steep for 3 to 5 minutes. Once done, mix the sugar in and set the hot drink aside to cool down.
- Pour the chilled tea and syrup into a glass cup with ice cubes. Then add 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk. Serve your wintermelon milk tea chilled!
- Sugar: 213g
- Calcium: 185mg
- Calories: 836kcal
- Carbohydrates: 216g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 293mg
- Protein: 1g
- Sodium: 65mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!