If you’re experimenting with different tea recipes, try this deliciously sweet honey apple tea drink to enjoy hot or iced depending on the season. It’s a quick and easy fruit tea recipe that you can prepare and serve within just five minutes. Pair it with a delicious blueberry lemon scones or a toasted turkey and ham sandwich if you want to go beyond a simple teatime.
What is Apple Tea Good For?
This apple flavored tea is the perfect blend of sweet and fruity tea that can comfort the senses with its aromatic and smooth consistency. This drink also has a lot to offer aside from its taste. Teas, in general, are healthy drinks that are good for the body since it has antioxidants, and other medicinal qualities. If you’re wondering what is apple tea good for, it is specifically a good tea of choice for improving your digestion and boosting your immune system.
When we add other ingredients like honey and lemon, you get additional health benefits from these vitamin fueled ingredients. Since they are both naturally made, they contain vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C which essentially triples this drink’s health benefits.
Tips on Making Honey Apple Tea
Though it’s a quick and simple tea recipe, you need to know these brewing tips that will make the most of your tea-making experience.
- Use high quality tea bags rather than loose leaf tea. It’s more convenient and efficient to use a tea bag. With loose leaf tea, the steeping time would need to be adjusted. Lastly, it’s also easier to clean up the tea pot after using tea bags since it doesn’t leave any residue.
- Use black tea. Black tea is a fully oxidized tea with a distinctive robust and dark flavor. Since it has a malty and strong taste, it is more suitable to pair with the apple honey flavored tea.
- Fresh and oxygenated water is better. When making tea recipes, the type of water used makes a lot of difference. Using tap water, for example, can ruin the flavor since it has unfiltered minerals. It’s best to use filtered or purified water.
- Consider the steeping time and temperature when boiling tea. For the best tasting black tea, boil for about 5 minutes at 212 degrees F. Boiling it for too long can make the tea bitter.
- Try adding cinnamon sticks. If you want a hint of sweet and spice into your tea, then add in some cinnamon sticks to make another delicious apple cinnamon tea blend.
- Grate some lemon zest if you prefer an added kick. Lemon zest adds another layer of fresh citrus flavor to the taste. You’ll also get antioxidants by adding these fruit peels into your drink.
How To Make Honey Apple Tea
This honey apple tea is a quick and easy healthy recipe that has a light fruity taste with just the right amount of sweetness from honey.
Using a 2-quart pot, boil water before adding the black tea bags.
Brew for about 5 minutes.
Once the tea is done, remove the bags.
Mix in the honey and apple juice.
Serve warm or pour over ice.
Garnish with lemon slices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is putting honey in tea better than sugar?
Yes. It’s healthier to put honey in your tea than sugar or any other sweetener. Honey has a much lower natural sugar content compared to actual sugar. Honey is also considered as a healthier alternative to use for teas since it has antimicrobial properties that can help relieve some pains and infections.
Can we mix honey in hot tea?
For this apple tea recipe, we added a third of a cup of honey into the mixture. Make sure not to add it while it’s still boiling since the high temperature will affect its beneficial properties. Add the honey when the tea is warm, then stir continuously.
Honey apple tea is surely a delicious beverage to make all year round. Enjoy the sweet and extra fruity kick from this thirst-quenching drink.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!