The perfect dessert for coffee-lovers.
How To Make Espresso Granita with Whipped Cream
A semi-frozen dessert with a rich and decadent flavor, and yet feels incredibly light. A wonderful contrast of sweet and bitter has never been this tasty.
Using an espresso machine, pull 2 shots of strong espresso.
You should have 1 ¾ cups' worth of strong espresso.
Alternatively, make 1 ¾ cups of strong coffee using a French press or drip coffee maker.
Add the ¼ cup of sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Taste the espresso and add more sugar if necessary.
- Chill in the refrigerator, or, to hasten the process, pour the espresso into a stainless-steel bowl, set it in a larger bowl filled with ice, and stir the coffee until cold.
Pour the chilled coffee into 2 9x9-inch stainless-steel pans.
- Freeze for 15 minutes. Stir well and return the pans to the freezer.
- Continue freezing, stirring every 10 minutes, until the granita is completely frozen, about 40 minutes in all.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand-held electric mixer beat the cream with the remaining 4 tsp. of sugar until the cream holds soft peaks when the beaters are lifted.
- Scoop the granita into chilled serving bowls and top with the whipped cream.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!