This mocha frosted drops recipe is great to make around the holidays. These smooth and creamy cookies have a long history and are still favorites until today.
How To Make Mocha Frosted Drops
This mocha frosted drops recipe is another holiday cookie to try out! Serve them as dessert after your family dinner or share them as festive gifts.
- ½ cup shortening
- 10 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup nuts
- 6 oz chocolate chips, preferably Nestle's
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups confectioners sugar
- coffee, hot, or warm milk, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the unsalted butter and chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before adding in the brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and buttermilk. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the sifted mixture into the chocolate mixture. Whisk until evenly incorporated.
- Add in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Fold until evenly incorporated.
- Scoop up the mixture and place on a greased baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool at room temperature.
- Make the frosting by adding the unsalted butter, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract and confectioners’ sugar into a bowl.
- Whisk to combine before pouring in the milk. Whisk the ingredients together until the texture becomes smooth and frosting-like.
- Dip the top of the cookies on the frosting.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Sugar: 16g
- Calcium: 24mg
- Calories: 180kcal
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Fat: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 105mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 64mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 69IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!