Kahlua Coffee is just coffee spiked with Kahlua coffee liqueur. Made with a cup of coffee, Kahlua, and heavy cream, it satisfies your caffeine cravings with a boozy kick. This cocktail recipe proves that Kahlua and coffee, when combined, deliver a delicious flavor that every coffee lover will love. Hands down it’s one of the best coffee cocktails and one of the most decadent Kahlua recipes worth trying!
In our book, coffee with Kahlua is the perfect dessert drink. Serve this Kahlua drink after a meal or when you simply want a delightful brunch drink. Read on for a few tips and the full recipe.
Tips for Making Kahlua Coffee
Adding Kahlua in a coffee, no doubt, will spruce up your weekend brunch coffee. This Kahlua-infused coffee is also comforting enough to be a delightful after-dinner treat. And exciting enough to enliven your happy hour! It’s just a bonus that this sipper is a cinch to prepare.
Here are some tips to make the Kahlua coffee cocktail more decadent than it already is:
- Kahlua coffee drinks start with a great-tasting and freshly brewed coffee. Use any coffee brewing method, such as Chemex or Aeropress, to make quality coffee. If you fancy freshly ground coffee beans, we suggest using the best coffee maker with a grinder. You can also make coffee using a percolator should you prefer a traditional brewing method.
- For a sweeter coffee cocktail, add your preferred sweetener. The Kahlua coffee already tastes sweet with notes of caramel and vanilla flavors. But if you want to make it sweeter, you can add a small amount of sugar or sweetened condensed milk.
- For a creamier cocktail, stir in some cream. We added a drizzle of heavy cream, but you are free to use half and half or milk.
- Take your Kahlua coffee drink to the next level with delectable toppings! When crowned with whipped cream, this spiked coffee drink is an absolute delight! To add a bit of pizzazz, try sprinkling some chocolate shavings on top, too.
Kahlua coffee is one of the simplest and best Kahlua drinks around. If you’re looking for more drinks with Kahlua, try combining this coffee liqueur with vodka to make a black Russian cocktail. Just add heavy cream to whip up a luscious white Russian cocktail. Make a cup of Mexican coffee by stirring together Kahlua, tequila, cinnamon, and coffee. Happy drinking!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much caffeine is in Kahlua?
The Kahlua coffee liqueur has 100 ppm caffeine or 100 milliliters per 1 liter of the liqueur. As such, the caffeine content of a 1.5-ounce drink of Kahlua would be around 5 milligrams.
What alcohol goes best with coffee?
Apart from Kahlua, another classic partner for coffee is Baileys Irish cream. The strong taste of coffee also blends perfectly with nut-flavored liqueurs like Amaretto. You can also add a dash of vodka to your coffee. Rum, brandy, and chocolate liqueurs can also be used to make the best coffee cocktails.
How To Make Kahlua Coffee
With this Kahlua coffee, you get to enjoy your coffee, cocktail, and dessert in one indulgent drink. Add heavy cream and top it with whipped cream for the perfect coffee drink!
- Make 1 cup of coffee using your preferred brewing method.
- Add the Kahlua coffee liqueur and heavy cream.
- Stir and enjoy immediately!
- Sugar: 42g
- Calcium: 633mg
- Calories: 3342kcal
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Cholesterol: 1076mg
- Fat: 344g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 87g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 15g
- Potassium: 1021mg
- Protein: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 219g
- Sodium: 264mg
- Vitamin A: 13994IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
ConclusionKick off your weekend brunch coffee with one of the best Kahlua cocktails. Sweet, creamy, and boozy, this Kahlua coffee is also the perfect dessert drink and afternoon pick-me-up. Top it with homemade whipped cream for a more decadent beverage!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!