How To Make Spanish Coffee
A glass of this Spanish coffee is the perfect energy booster! It's made with kahlua, triple sec, and rum for a spiked drink.
Prep: 5 mins
Total: 5 mins
- 3 oz coffee
- 2 oz kahlua
- 1⁄2 oz triple sec, or other orange liqueur
- 1⁄2 oz aged rum, or white or dark
- granulated sugar, for dipping the glass
- lemon wedge
- sweetened whipped cream, (1 large spoonful) or vegan whipped cream, whipped to soft peaks
- grated chocolate, or fresh grated or ground nutmeg, for garnish
- Make the coffee. Allow it to cool slightly while preparing the drink.
- Make the homemade whipped cream, whipping it to soft peaks.
Use a lemon wedge to wet a ½-inch of the rim of the glass and dip the outside in sugar to make a ½-inch band.
Use a kitchen torch to caramelize the outside of the glass until the sugar turns brown.
- Add the coffee, Kahlua, triple sec and rum and stir once.
Gently float the whipped cream on top using the back of a spoon. Garnish with grated chocolate or nutmeg. Enjoy!
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!