Freshly brewed ground Mexican coffee infused with coffee liqueur, tequila, and cinnamon, this coffee drink is a delicious combination of spike and spice. It’s also creamy, which makes it the perfect drink to sip on a cold Friday morning when you want a boozy alternative to Mexican hot chocolate or your usual coffee drinks. Enjoy your caffeine fix a little bit extra by making this Mexican coffee recipe. Serve it with a snack on the side like snickerdoodle or gingerbread.
Tips on Making Coffee with Alcohol
It’s the tequila and coffee liqueur that give this spiked coffee quite a kick. Here’s everything you need to know about how to make this coffee alcohol drink:
- Aside from Kahlua, you can use other liqueurs like Amadeo, Tia Maria, and Frangelico to infuse your coffee with alcohol. If you fancy a fruity flavor, use triple sec and garnish the coffee with matching orange peel.
- Some of the best beans have nutty and slightly chocolatey flavors. But you can absolutely use any preferred coffee beans. Brew the coffee as strong or as mild as you like.
- Serve Mexican coffee drinks hot, over ice, or blended with ice and ice cream. Or, freeze them into popsicle molds to make spiked coffee pops.
- Sweeten it up with sugar, honey, or condensed milk.
- For other delicious toppings, add a drizzle of chocolate syrup, a sprinkle of cocoa powder or cinnamon sugar, and a maraschino cherry on top of the whipped cream. Use cinnamon sticks as stirrers, too.
How To Make Mexican Coffee
A delicious spiked coffee drink with cinnamon, Kahlua, tequila, and whipped cream. Enjoy the cold climate with this warm and creamy drink.
Pour Kahlua, tequila, cinnamon, and coffee into the heated mug. Stir.
Spoon the cream on top.
Top with a light sprinkling of cinnamon if desired. Serve and enjoy!
- Calcium: 6mg
- Calories: 274kcal
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 85mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 186mg
- Sugar: 29g
- Vitamin A: 1IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I make this Mexican coffee recipe non-alcoholic?
Yes, skip the booze if you want to. Make this Mexican drink with just coffee, whipped cream, and cinnamon. It’ll still be delicious!
Can I use Mexican crema for this coffee recipe?
Yes. Substitute the whipped cream with Crema Mexicana, sour cream, or creme fraiche.
You will love the kick in this coffee courtesy of coffee liqueur and tequila. Be refreshed as you sip this spiked coffee with alcohol on a cold day. It’s also great as an alternative to iced coffee on your hot summer escapades.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!