This classic coffee-flavored Italian dessert is so good, you won’t believe you made it yourself. Pair it with some homemade whip cream for the perfect dessert.
How To Make Copycat Homemade Olive Garden Tiramisu
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup coffee room temp
- 6 oz ladyfinger cookies
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- In a saucepan, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar. Add in milk.
- Cook and whisk until bubbling. Cook 1 more minute. Cool slightly and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream and vanilla with an electric mixer until peaks form.
- Remove the egg mixture from the fridge and whisk in mascarpone until smooth.
- Split the ladyfinger and dunk them in the coffee.
- Layer half the cookies in a 7”x11” dish. Spread half the mascarpone mixture over the cookies. Spread half the cream mixture over that.
- Repeat this layering with the remaining ingredients.
- Dust the top with cocoa. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until set before serving.