The real recipe is top secret, but we think this recipe is the closest to the original you’re going to get.
Copycat Panera’s French Onion Soup Recipe
- 8 cup yellow onions sliced
- 2 cans beef broth
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp. tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- focaccia bread
- asiago cheese shaved
- Melt butter then add sliced onions and saute over high heat until onions turn brown.
- Add remaining ingredients (except bread and asiago) to the pot and stir to combine.
- Heat soup until it's boiling, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Make croutons by cutting foccacia bread in bite-size pieces.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Serve the soup with croutons and shaved asiago on top.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!