This cheese fries recipe just like the one from Outback Steakhouse is deep-fried and baked to perfection. Topped with gooey melted cheese and bacon, this will surely be your new snack favorite.
How To Make Outback Steakhouse-Inspired Aussie Cheese Fries
Munch on this Outback Steakhouse-inspired Aussie cheese fries recipe. Crispy fries with gooey cheese and savory bacon, all in one snack!
- Heat the oven to 380 degrees F.
- In a deep heavy skillet, preheat oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry the french fries in small batches until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.
- Pile them on an oven-safe platter. Season the french fries with salt and pepper, then sprinkle shredded cheese and bacon bits on top.
- Place the platter in the oven and bake for 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt.
- Serve with a ranch dressing on the side and garnish with chop parsley. Enjoy!
- Make sure that the oil is hot enough before you put the French fries on the skillet so they will cook immediately. If you don’t have a thermometer, you will know that the oil is hot enough if it starts to bubble steadily.
- For added flavors, you can also throw in some garlic powder or ground thyme onto the fried potatoes before placing them in the oven.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 248mg
- Calories: 822kcal
- Carbohydrates: 69g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Fat: 51g
- Fiber: 10g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 23g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 1021mg
- Protein: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Sodium: 2743mg
- Vitamin A: 329IU
- Vitamin C: 14mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!