This recipe is great for a large family dinner or holiday. The cognac adds something special to give more flavor the ham’s succulent glaze.
Cognac Glazed Ham Recipe
- 7-8 lbs. ham fully cooked
- whole cloves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tbps. honey
- 5 tbps. bourbon or cognac
- 1 tbps. orange rind grated
- 1 orange thinly sliced
- 4 candied cherries cut in half
- curly endive leaves optional
Preheat oven to 325°.
Remove skin and excess fat from ham using a small sharp knife.
- Score the surface in a criss-cross pattern and insert a clove into each cut section.
- Place ham in roasting pan and insert thermometer at the thickest part.
Roast about 15 minutes per pound or until thermometer registers 130°-140°.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!