How To Make Thai Style Prawn and Avocado Noodle Bowls
These noodle bowls come with a flavorful broth, seasoned prawns and creamy avocado for a more savory meal! Cook this up with just a few ingredients.
- 1lbfrozen raw prawns,no shells, deveined, defrosted
- 1tbspcoconut oil
- 2cupswater,with 1 tbsp vegetable stock powder, or 2 cups of any stock
- 2cupscoconut milk,reduced-fat, light
- baby bok choy,2 bunches, cut into quarters
- 2spring onions,sliced
- 4Kaffir lime leaves
- 1lemongrass stalk,outer layer peeled, stalk halved
- 2garlic cloves,finely chopped
- ½cupcoriander leaves
- 1tbspsoy sauce
- 2tspfish sauce
- 7.5ozrice vermicelli,1 packet, ready-prepared
- lime wedges,to serve
- ½tspcrushed red chilli flakes,optional
In a large pan, pan-fry the prawns in the coconut oil until they change in colour and are just cooked through.
Remove from pan and set aside.
In the same pan, bring the stock and coconut milk to boil, then lower the heat and reduce to a simmer.
Add the bok choy with the spring onions, kaffir leaves, lemongrass and garlic.
Cook for a couple of minutes until the bok choy has wilted.
Stir through the soy sauce, fish sauce and coriander.
Divide the prepared vermicelli between 4 bowls, then pour over the soup.
Scatter the avocado and coriander over the top, then season with lime juice.
Sprinkle with chilli flakes, serve, and enjoy!
- Calories: 624.64kcal
- Fat: 36.50g
- Saturated Fat: 25.80g
- Trans Fat: 0.02g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6.48g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.72g
- Carbohydrates: 55.27g
- Fiber: 4.99g
- Sugar: 0.89g
- Protein: 22.86g
- Cholesterol: 142.88mg
- Sodium: 1224.56mg
- Calcium: 127.70mg
- Potassium: 751.97mg
- Iron: 5.60mg
- Vitamin A: 82.07µg
- Vitamin C: 11.61mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!