This is a very simple but rewarding dish that is very reminiscent of home-cooked food. It’s definitely a comfort food worth trying out when you really need something hearty.
How To Make Chicken and Brown Gravy Over Egg Noodles
1 hr 20 mins
- 12 chicken drumsticks skin removed
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced or a few heavy shakes of garlic powder
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion large, chopped
- 4 carrots finely chopped
- 4 sticks celery finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Gravy Master to darken the gravy
- 1 pkg. egg noodles broad, large
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- In a skillet, melt the butter and add the chicken.
- Over high or medium heat, brown the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Remove, allowing some of the chicken to stick to the pan. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, put in some paper towels to soak the grease. Try to leave any pieces of meat.
- Add the broth and Gravy Master. Bring to a boil, scraping up any stuck-on chicken.
- Cook the noodles until done and drain.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the skillet, except the noodles and parsley.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer. Partially cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, for 30 minutes or so.
- Return chicken to the skillet and heat while covered.
- In separate bowls, add noodles, then sauce and chicken on top.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 228mg | Potassium: 199mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3738IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg