How To Make Chicken Yakisoba
Enjoy a savory upgrade to a classic Japanese noodle dish with this chicken yakisoba, made with tender chicken and vegetables, topped with a luscious sauce.
- 2tbspsoy sauce
- 2tbspWorcestershire sauce
- 2tbsplight brown sugar,packed
- 1tbspoyster sauce
- ½tspsesame oil
For Stir-Fry Noodles:
- 1lbchicken breasts,sliced into bite size strips
- 5.9ozyakisoba noodles,(2 packages), refrigerated, seasoning packets discarded
- salt,if needed
- ½cupgreen onions,chopped, white and light portions only
- 1½tbspGourmet Garden Chunky Garlic Stir-In Paste
- 1tbspGourmet Garden Ginger Stir-In Paste
- 2tbspvegetable oil
- 1red bell pepper,sliced into 2-inch fairly thin strips
- 5ozbutton mushrooms,sliced
- 3cupsgreen cabbage,shredded
- 1cupmatchstick carrots
- ⅔cupgreen onions,sliced 2-inch strips, green portion only
- ½cuppeanuts,chopped, for serving, optional
- ½cupsriracha,to taste, for serving, optional
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, oyster sauce, and sesame oil. Set aside.
Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook stirring occasionally for about 1 minute just until the noodles separate. Let drain well in a colander and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick wok or 12-inch non-stick skillet over fairly high heat.
Add the chicken, season lightly with salt, if needed. Give space between pieces and cook, turning once halfway for about 5 minutes until cooked through.
Transfer the chicken to a plate. Reduce the heat slightly, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet. Add in the green onions, ginger paste, and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
Add in bell pepper and mushrooms. Sauté for 1 minute. Add in the cabbage and carrots and green onion greens, then sauté for about 1 to 2 minutes longer until the cabbage is just wilted.
Add drained noodles to the skillet along with the cooked chicken. Pour the sauce over top and toss.
Sauté for 1 minute. Season lightly with salt, as needed.
Serve warm with peanuts and Sriracha, and enjoy!
- Calories: 626.41kcal
- Fat: 29.39g
- Saturated Fat: 5.28g
- Trans Fat: 0.20g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 14.61g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 7.23g
- Carbohydrates: 55.26g
- Fiber: 7.39g
- Sugar: 15.01g
- Protein: 38.37g
- Cholesterol: 107.70mg
- Sodium: 956.58mg
- Calcium: 129.10mg
- Potassium: 1101.38mg
- Iron: 5.19mg
- Vitamin A: 356.26µg
- Vitamin C: 72.98mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!