If you’re craving some Thai food, try making this pad thai recipe at home! This flavorful dish will taste just like the real deal you get at any Thai restaurant.
How To Make Authentic Pad Thai
- 1 pkg. rice noodles dried flat
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice fresh
- 1 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Asian chili pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic chopped
- 8 oz. chicken breast halves skinless, boneless, cubed
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 4 green onions chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. peanuts chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped, optional
- Let the noodles soak at least 20 minutes.
- Combine the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, oyster sauce, chili sauce, and chicken stock. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high and add the oil.
- Cook the garlic for 30 seconds and add the chicken.
- Sauté until the chicken is cooked through, for about 5 minutes.
- Move the ingredients to the side of the skillet and pour the eggs in the center.
- Cook until firm and scrambled. Add the noodles and sauce.
- Put in the bean sprouts and green onions.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with peanuts.
- Serve with cilantro if desired.
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 1181mg | Potassium: 550mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 377IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 2mg