This grilled pork tenderloin recipe is the perfect smoking hot dinner that will perk up your weekend. We’re grilling juicy pork tenderloin marinated in sweet and savory teriyaki sauce. It gives our tenderloin that perfect blend of smokiness and silkiness from the sauce that’s just heavenly. BBQ nights will be the new family tradition once you try this perfect weeknight dinner.
The secret to our grilled pork tenderloin recipe is in the process— marinating and grilling. We’re soaking pork tenderloins in your favorite teriyaki marinade, honey mustard, and garlic. For the flavor, we try to get the balance of sweetness and saltiness into our sauce and meat. We let our teriyaki marinade do its magic and grill our pork tenderloins to perfection. The good thing about using pork tenderloin is that it’s thinly cut and is low in fat. This makes it perfect for grilling. It’s also perfect for our teriyaki marinade because our boneless pork tenderloin cut into medallions can easily absorb our rich and flavorful sauce.
You’d love doing this recipe for casual lunches, dinners, and hangouts just because it’s easy to prepare and is incredibly delicious! Another great thing about our grilled pork tenderloins is you can easily reheat leftovers and still get the amazing teriyaki flavor. You can easily pair this awesome dish with any side. Complete your meal with some healthy sides like roasted potatoes or roasted vegetables or go full Japanese with edamame beans as your appetizer. You can also check our other easy pork recipes!
How To Make Grilled Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin Recipe
The perfect addition to your usual weeknight recipes, giving you perfectly grilled pork tenderloin marinated then topped with sweet and savory teriyaki sauce. Try the perfect combination of flavors of the sauce that goes well with the smokiness of our grilled meat.
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade. Mix until fully incorporated & sugar has dissolved.
- Combine pork tenderloin with half of the marinade. Ensure pork is fully submerged.
- Seal & transfer to a chilled area. Marinate for at least 4 hours, maximum of 6 hours
- With the remaining marinade, transfer all to a saucepot. Simmer the sauce until reduced by half & slightly thickened, roughly 15 minutes. Set aside
- Preheat both your oven to 400 degrees F & griller. Grease all, including a roasting tray
- Drain all but ¼ cup of the marinade & set aside.
- Grill your pork tenderloin evenly on all sides, roughly 5 minutes each side. Transfer to a roasting tray.
- Roast your pork in the oven until your meat thermometer reads 145 degrees F when measured at its thickest part, roughly 15 minutes
- While roasting, glaze the pork often with the reserved marinade. You may also need to turn the meat often for even roasting
- Once done, transfer to a cooling rack. Cover with aluminum foil & allow the meat to cool down slightly
- Slice according to your preference. Garnish with sesame seeds & spring onions. Serve with the sauce & steamed rice
- Sugar: 12g
- Calcium: 37mg
- Calories: 228kcal
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Fat: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 562mg
- Protein: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 1131mg
- Vitamin A: 74IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Commonly Asked Questions
How can I tell if pork tenderloin is done?
It’s best to check the temperature of your pork tenderloin to make sure it’s cooked. But based on its appearance and texture, it should be tender, juicy and has a touch of pink.
What are the best pork cuts to use for grilling?
It’s best to grill bone in pork chops that are at least 1-inch thick. If you can’t buy one, you can ask pork to be cut 1 ½ or 2 inch bone-in center cut rib chop or loin chop at the meat counter.
ConclusionGrill a great weeknight dish for your family and friends. The best way to end a long day is serving a sensational meal that everyone will love. Try out this grilled pork tenderloin recipe and savor the sweet and smoky goodness of grilled pork tenderloin in sweet and flavorful sauce that you can taste in every bite.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!