This tasty home-style pork casserole recipe is a family favorite. It’s the perfect meal to whip up on busy days because it’s very easy to make! It cooks potatoes soaked in rich, creamy and cheesy sauce topped with juicy and tender browned pork chops. This pork casserole recipe is deliciously heartwarming and is the perfect dinner idea to switch up your home cooking.
Indulge in this healthy cheesy comfort food that’s easy on the budget. This cheesy pork casserole recipe is your next go-to Sunday meal. The meat and potato combo of this dish makes it energizing and it’s a meal that kids will surely love! It’s already a complete and filling meal, but you can definitely make it extra healthy by adding greens on the side. You can make it fancy and serve it with a plate of green beans or some roasted brussel sprouts, eggplants, and tomatoes.
You won’t regret trying out this healthy and easy-to-make cheesy pork casserole recipe that will perk you up for the day ahead. Enjoy the rich, creamy, and cheesy touch of this dish, a simply heavenly combination of pork and cheese. Looking for more recipes? Check out the other easy pork recipes you need to try!
How To Make Easy Cheesy Pork Casserole
A truly comforting cheesy pork casserole recipe with potato slices swimming in rich and creamy sauce topped with a lot of cheese and perfectly cooked pork chops. We’re perfecting this filling meal in homestyle cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the asparagus and cheddar cheese soups together. Set aside.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, sear the pork chops in oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Add in the butter and garlic, then baste the chops. After cooking, set them aside.
- Line the potato slices at the bottom of the baking dish. Feel free to make a double layer if you want to add more potatoes.
- Lay the seared pork chops on top of the potatoes.
- Pour the soup mixture over the pork chops and try to cover them evenly.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes, or until the pork is evenly cooked through.
- Remove the foil, then top the mixture with cheddar cheese. Bake for another 15 minutes, or until both cheese and potatoes are golden brown.
- Top with chopped parsley, serve immediately and enjoy!
Heat your potato slices in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes before peeling and slicing.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 218mg
- Calories: 312kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Fat: 24g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 357mg
- Protein: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Sodium: 193mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 454IU
- Vitamin C: 12mg
Commonly Asked Questions
What kind of cheese goes best with pork?
Fresh cheeses like cream cheese, feta, mozzarella and burrata go well with pork. It can also be paired with blue cheese and cheddar cheese. You can stuff pork with cheese like our Ham and Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Recipe. You can also top your cooked meat with cheese or use it to add flavor to your sauce.
What is the best temperature to cook pork in?
The recommended cooking temperature for pork is 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Temperature and length of cooking are very important if you want juicy and tender meat. Since pork chop is very lean, it’s prone to overcooking. It’s best to check the doneness of your meat to also ensure great flavor and that it’s safe to eat. When cooking meat, be sure to check the recommended cooking temperature for that type of meat and to let it rest for at least 3 minutes after cooking.
ConclusionYou can prepare many dishes with pork and cheese but this cheesy pork casserole is a knockout! It captures that home style cooking that everyone loves and makes you crave for more. It also has potatoes to complete this crowd-pleasing dish. Don’t miss out on this hearty meal that’s truly comforting and tastes like home.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!