Love Potbelly’s cheddar broccoli soup, but hate the long lines you have to wait in to get it? Then check out this copycat recipe! It’ll save you time, money, and it’s just like the one you can get at the restaurant. What do you have to lose?
How To Make Potbelly's Creamy Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- 1 ½ lbs. broccoli florets cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bundle green onions diced
- 1 medium carrot peeled and diced fine
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cup milk
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded and separated
- 1 cup American Cheese sliced
- Salt and pepper for taste
- In a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat, pour in olive oil and saute broccoli and carrots, lightly browning them. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken broth and milk. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Once at a boil, turn the heat down to a low simmer until carrots and broccoli are soft.
- Stir in American cheese and shredded cheese, until fully melted and well incorporated.
- Serve with croutons and topped with more shredded cheese.