How To Make Instant Pot Tomato Soup
In just 35 minutes, you can already enjoy this instant pot tomato soup and its rich, hearty flavors. The dish also has loads of carrots for more nutrition.
- 2tbspsDeLallo Private Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil,plus additional for serving
- 1yellow onion,large, chopped
- 2carrots,scrubbed and diced
- 3clovegarlic,minced, (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1cupvegetable broth,low sodium, or chicken broth
- 1canDeLallo San Marzano Style Crushed Tomatoes,(28 oz can)
- ¼cupsun-dried tomatoes,dry-packed
- ½tspkosher salt
- ¼tspground black pepper
- 4sprigfresh thyme,or ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- fresh basil,or parsley, chopped
Set Instant Pot to Saute. Add the oil, onion, and carrot. Saute until the onion is tender and beginning to turn translucent.
Add the garlic and cook 30 additional seconds, just until fragrant.
Splash in the vegetable broth. With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, scrape along the bottom of the pot to remove any stuck on bits of food.
Stir in the crushed tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, honey, salt, and pepper. Place the thyme on top (if using dried, stir it in).
Close and seal the Instant Pot. Set to cook on High pressure (Manual/Pressure Cook) for 15 minutes. (The pot will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure, then the timer will start).
Once the 15 minutes timer has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Carefully vent to release any remaining pressure and open the lid. Remove the thyme stems.
With an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth and creamy. Or carefully transfer the soup to a blender or food processor in batches, and blend it that way. Be careful not to overfill the blender as hot soup can easily splatter.
Return any pureed soup to the Instant Pot (if needed). Stir to recombine and adjust the seasonings to taste.
Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle with fresh basil. Serve hot with a light drizzle of olive oil and crotons on top.
- Calories: 142.34kcal
- Fat: 7.36g
- Saturated Fat: 1.04g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.02g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.94g
- Carbohydrates: 19.10g
- Fiber: 4.49g
- Sugar: 10.53g
- Protein: 3.31g
- Sodium: 486.67mg
- Calcium: 78.92mg
- Potassium: 624.28mg
- Iron: 2.57mg
- Vitamin A: 277.79µg
- Vitamin C: 21.54mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!