A classic dinner combination has become a savory casserole. For this specific dish, it combines with mashed potatoes topping a loaf of ground beef and Worcestershire sauce. You can save some after dinner and reheat the next day. You can even choose to add in some broccoli for a bit of healthy bits.
How To Make Meatloaf Casserole with Cheesy Mashed Potato Topping
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a large loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, panko, Worcestershire sauce, dried onion soup, salt, pepper, and 1 beaten egg.
- Press in bottom of loaf pan.
- Brush the top of the loaf with 1 beaten egg and set aside.
- Prepare the instant mashed potatoes according to package directions.
- Remove from heat and let stand 30 seconds.
- Stir in cheese.
- Spread mashed potatoes over meatloaf.
- Bake approximately 30 to 35 minutes, or until meatloaf is thoroughly cooked and meat thermometer inserted in the center of loaf reads 170 degrees.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Drain liquid along edges and serve.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 131mg
- Calories: 178kcal
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 312mg
- Protein: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 764mg
- Vitamin A: 201IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!