How To Make Instant Pot Taco Meat
There's no need to slave over your stove if you have this Instant Pot taco meat recipe. You can even take frozen meat and cook it if you're in a hurry!
- Put 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot. Place the metal trivet in the pot and put the ground beef (frozen or thawed) on top of the trivet.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and turn the steam release valve to the sealing position. Set the pressure cook time to 20 minutes at high pressure for frozen ground beef, or 15 minutes at high pressure for thawed ground beef.
- The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to reach pressure and then the cook time will begin counting down.
- When the cook time ends, immediately quick release the pressure by carefully turning the steam release valve to the venting position. Once all of the steam has escaped and the pin drops down, open the Instant Pot lid.
- Remove the beef to a clean plate. Remove the trivet and wash out the Instant Pot inner pot. Dry the inner pot well and return it to the Instant Pot base.
- Put the ground beef in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Turn on the saute function and cook the beef, crumbling it with a spoon, until it is mostly browned.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, salt, pepper, tomato sauce and ½ cup water to the pot.
- Cook on saute, stirring often, until the meat is fully cooked and most of the liquid is gone. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Serve taco meat in tortillas or taco shells, with toppings as desired.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 35mg
- Calories: 244kcal
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 372mg
- Protein: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 336mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 589IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!