How To Make Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli
Try your hand on this traditional Italian Pasta e fagioli! It’s a pasta dish loaded with filling beans to give you a more well-rounded meal.
- 1tbspolive oil
- ⅓cuppancettaor bacon, diced to ¼-inch
- 1cupwhite oniondiced to ¼-inch
- ½cupcelerydiced to ¼-inch
- ½cupcarrotsdiced to ¼-inch
- 2tbsptomato paste
- 28oztomatoescanned, diced, with juice
- 4cupsunsalted chicken broth
- 1cupdried small shell pasta
- ½tspdried oregano
- 1dried bay leaf
- 2rosemary sprigs
- 1tspkosher salt
- 15ozcannellini beanscanned, drained and rinsed
- 15ozred kidney beansdrained and rinsed
- black pepperas needed for seasoning
- 1tbspparsleychopped, for garnish
- ¼cupparmesan cheesegrated, for garnish
Select the “Sauté” option on the Instant Pot.
Allow the pot to heat; it will indicate “Hot” on the display when ready.
Add the olive oil to the pot, then once hot, add the garlic and onion.
Sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
Add the celery and carrots, then sauté 1 minute.
Add the tomato paste, then sauté 30 seconds.
Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, pasta, thyme, oregano, bay leaf, rosemary, and salt.
Make sure that the release valve is in the “Sealing” position.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot, then turn and lock the lid.
Press the “Manual” button on the Instant Pot on high pressure, and then set the timer to 3 minutes.
Let the pot heat up and build pressure for 15 minutes before the cooking timer starts.
Once the cook time is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes.
Carefully twist the steam release handle on the lid to “Venting” position.
Add the cannellini beans and red kidney beans, then stir to combine.
Allow to warm for at least 10 minutes.
Taste the soup, then season with salt and pepper as desired.
Garnish the soup with parsley and parmesan cheese, serve, and enjoy!
- Calories: 1033.94kcal
- Fat: 14.18g
- Saturated Fat: 4.35g
- Trans Fat: 0.01g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.80g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.75g
- Carbohydrates: 169.99g
- Fiber: 38.33g
- Sugar: 14.49g
- Protein: 64.81g
- Cholesterol: 12.54mg
- Sodium: 861.43mg
- Calcium: 539.29mg
- Potassium: 4402.65mg
- Iron: 20.78mg
- Vitamin A: 249.38µg
- Vitamin C: 41.00mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!