This Bubba Gump’s copycat jambalaya recipe is an essential Louisiana dish that has a savory blend of tender shrimp, chicken, and chicken with fresh vegetables and rice. The ideal recipe to make for any weeknight dinner.
How To Make Bubba Gump’s-Inspired Jambalaya
- 2 tbsp peanut oil divided
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 10 oz. andouille sausage sliced into rounds
- 1 lbs. chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces, boneless, skinless
- 1 green onion diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 lbs. shrimp
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can crushed Italian tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp file powder
- 1 1/4 cup white rice
- 2 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Begin by heating an oiled Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Season the sausage, shrimp, and chicken pieces with Cajun seasoning.
- In the same pot, saute onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic and stir in crushed tomatoes, and season with red pepper, black pepper, salt, paprika, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and file powder.
- Stir in chicken, shrimp, and sausage.
- Cook for 10 minutes, and then stir in rice and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 20 minutes.