Here is an easy-to-cook version of the Spanish classic that comes together in your crockpot. This seafood paella recipe combines clams, scallops, and shrimps for a delicious taste of the sea! Whip up this dish for a small gathering or family dinner.
How To Make Crockpot Seafood Paella
Delight seafood lovers with this crockpot seafood paella recipe for an elegant and flavor-packed bite! The marriage of deglazed white wine and two kinds of broth is mixed with tasteful clams, shrimp, and scallops.
- In a wide skillet, heat up the olive oil. Add the sausage and saute for roughly 5 to 7 minutes until caramelized. Set aside.
- Using the same skillet with oil, sear the scallops and shrimps separately for roughly 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden on both sides. Set aside.
- Still using the same skillet with oil, add the mussels or clams and saute briefly for roughly 3 to 5 minutes, just until they open up if using fresh.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce briefly, then set aside this together with the other seafood.
- Add the rice, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, broth, and all the spices to the slow-cooker. Mix to combine.
- Cover and cook on High for 3½ hours.
- Add the peas to the slow cooker and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add the seafood and chorizo into the crockpot during the last 15 minutes of cooking. Stir to combine.
- Once the paella is cooked, season to taste with salt and pepper. Adjust accordingly.
- Portion the paella and drizzle with aioli, if preferred.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with a lemon wedge. Enjoy!
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 43mg
- Calories: 319kcal
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 265mg
- Protein: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 1136mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 542IU
- Vitamin C: 16mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!