Here is an easy to cook version of seafood paella that comes together in your crockpot. Try out this delicious recipe today!
How To Make Crockpot Seafood Paella
- 10 fresh mussels in shells
- 10 fresh clams in shells
- 3 cup chicken broth
- .75 grams saffron
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ cup converted white rice rinsed, uncooked
- ½ lb jumbo shrimp uncooked , in shells
- 9 oz frozen sweet peas
- 1 sprig Italian parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup roasted red peppers sliced
- Fully clean your mussels and clams until all sand is removed.
- Discard any open or broken shells and carefully remove any barnacles.
- Set in the refrigerator once cleaned.
- Heat your chicken broth in the microwave for about 15 to 20 seconds or until hot.
- Stir in the saffron and let rest for about five minutes.
- Pour into your crockpot and continue to the next step.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the onion, garlic and rice. Let cook for about two minutes or until the onion softens.
- Pour into the crockpot along with the roasted red peppers and stir to combine.
- Add the salt and parsley and then cover and cook on low for four to five hours.
- Add the seafood and peas to the pot during the last 35 minutes or an hour of cooking.
- Cook on high until the shrimp are thoroughly heated and the clams and mussels have opened up.