Mix up your typical lettuce salad and indulge in this classic Southern side! The bacon gives it a little extra flavor while still keeping it leafy and green.
Bacon-Fried Collard Greens Recipe
- 2 bunches collard greens
- 1 pkg bacon cut small
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Tear the leaves off each stalk and wash thoroughly.
- Roll several leaves together and chop into desired size.
- Repeat with all greens and set aside. in a large skillet, begin cooking bacon.
- Add onion, pepper, and garlic powder and cook until bacon is crisp.
- Start adding collard greens and cook until they wilt.
- Continue adding greens until all are in and cook until you reach your desired tenderness.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!