Cardamom is an ancient spice with an exotic flavor that binds the fruitiness of the strawberries and the tangy sweet-and-sour taste of rhubarb in this jam recipe.
How To Make Strawberry-Rhubarb Cardamom Jam
A delicious recipe for strawberry rhubarb jam with a little help of cardamom. This results in a wonderful combination of sweet and fruity, tart along with the zesty with a subtle heat from the ground cardamom.
Have three 8-oz. jars washed and hot.
- Prepare the lids according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Combine the fruit, sugar and cardamom in a heavy non-reactive skillet.
- Use a potato masher to crush the fruit thoroughly.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally to help the sugar dissolve.
- Add the butter and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until the jam thickens.
- Ladle the jam through a wide-mouth funnel into jars.
- Attach the lids and process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes.
- Sugar: 9g
- Calcium: 6mg
- Calories: 37kcal
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 30mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Vitamin A: 9IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!