How To Make Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
- For Strawberry-Rhubarb Filling:
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb rhubarb, about 4 stalks, cut into ¼x½-inch pieces, slice larger stalks in half lengthwise before slicing them into ¼-inch wide pieces
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch , or 3 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For Topping:
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour, or regular whole wheat flour or flour of choice
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ¼ tsp fine grain sea salt
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 tbsp plain yogurt, Greek or regular
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a 9×9-inch baking dish, mix together the strawberries, rhubarb, honey, arrowroot or cornstarch, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Mix in the Greek yogurt and melted butter. Stir until all of the flour is incorporated and the mixture is moistened throughout.
- Dollop spoonfuls of the oat mixture over the strawberry-rhubarb filling and use your fingers to break up the mixture until it is evenly distributed (no need to pack it down).
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling around the edges and the top is turning lightly golden. Let the crisp rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Calcium: 80.3mg
- Calories: 247.0kcal
- Carbohydrates: 45.7g
- Cholesterol: 16.0mg
- Fat: 7.0g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.7g
- Potassium: 348.2mg
- Protein: 3.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9g
- Sodium: 82.1mg
- Sugar: 27.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Vitamin A: 53.5mcg
- Vitamin C: 38.0mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!