How To Make Sugar-Free Old-Fashioned Berry Cobbler
This Sugar-Free Old-Fashioned Berry Cobbler Recipe is a traditional American dessert with a twist. The twist is that you can still enjoy this baked good without the added sugar. What’s inside is a gooey and naturally sweet berry of your choice.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornstarch and milk until dissolved.
- Add the syrup, sugar substitute, berries, and ground cinnamon into the filling mixture. Fold evenly and set aside.
- Make the cobbler dough next. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the butter, apple juice, and yogurt. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the butter mixture onto the sifted flour, then mix gently with a fork for 20 to 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Pour the berry filling into a 10-inch baking casserole or greased pan.
- Set the cobbler dough over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the dough is light brown.
- Let cool and serve. Since blackberries vary in sweetness, you can sprinkle up to 2 packets of sweetener over the top if desired.
- Sugar: 11g
- Calcium: 90mg
- Calories: 191kcal
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 116mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 321mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 185IU
- Vitamin C: 10mg
Frequently Asked Questions
How to fix a runny cobbler?
The juice from the fruits or berries makes the cobbler runny. To avoid or to fix this, you can thicken the fruit mixture with additional cornstarch or any other thickening agent. Check the filling if they are good enough or still runny before topping it with the biscuit dough.
How to make a mixed berry cobbler?
The good thing about cobbler is that you may use any kind of berries. You can add in other fruits such as peach just like our Granny T’s Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe or apples in our Copycat Fiddleheads Restaurant Apple Cobbler Recipe. You have a wide range of options! In mixed berry cobbler, you just have to mix all the berries in a bowl together with other filling ingredients mentioned in the recipe.
ConclusionThere is no better way to spend your summer than having a dessert that is both yummy and healthy. This sugar-free old-fashioned berry cobbler can capture the heart of any dessert lover and health buff. Include this recipe to your bucket list of wholesome yet tasty summer treats.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!