Copycat Marie Callender’s Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
This pot pie recipe gets wonderful reviews every time we make it. Some say it’s even better than the original!
How To Make Copycat Marie Callender's Chicken Pot Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farneheit
- For the filling: In a saucepan combine ¾ cup water, chicken, carrots, celery and onion. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken bouillon, pepper and butter.
- Dissolve cornstarch and flour into remaining ¼ cup water and stir into chicken mixture.
- Simmer for 3 minutes stirring frequently until thickened.
- Add peas & cream. Simmer briefly & set aside.
- Form the pie crust into 2 balls. Roll out bottom crust on floured surface to 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Lift dough off floured surface by rolling onto rolling pin and unroll over pie plate.
- Ease the dough into the plate loosely and press in place.
- Trim bottom crust even with edge of plate.
- To assemble: Pour filling into bottom crust.
- Roll out top crust, cut slits for steam to escape.
- Cover filling with top crust and fold top crust under bottom crust.
- Seal crust and flute edge.
- Bake for roughly 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
- Let stand 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- Calcium: 72mg
- Calories: 905kcal
- Carbohydrates: 76g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Fat: 57g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 515mg
- Protein: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 25g
- Sodium: 919mg
- Sugar: 4g
- Vitamin A: 2809IU
- Vitamin C: 12mg