If you’re looking for a low-calorie, low-carb veggie dish, you can never go wrong with marinated green beans. They are a good source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, and potassium.
This is a healthy and keto-friendly dish that you can cook in under 10 minutes. Plus, they freeze well so you can cook a big batch and put them in the fridge for later. You can even add them in a salad to add some extra flavor and crunch.
How to Cook Vinegar-Marinated Green Beans
- ¼ lbs green beans trimmed
- 1 red onion small, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to boil in a large saucepan. Add beans and cook until they are tender but are still retaining the crispiness. Drain and transfer in a bowl with cold water to soak for a few minutes. Drain again and set aside.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients. Taste and adjust the measurements accordingly.
- Serve and top with a simple garnish of your choice.
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
How do I keep the green beans crisp and not soggy?
Boil the beans for up to 5 minutes. As mentioned in our recipe, transferring the green beans immediately to an ice bath after blanching stops them from overcooking and becoming mushy.
What should I look out for in a good green bean?
Fresh, locally grown green beans are easiest to find during the summer and you can easily buy them in bulk for cheap at any nearby farmer’s market. Look for green beans that are vivid green in color and have a firm texture.
This dish can be enjoyed as a snack on its own or as part of your main meal. Simple and nutritious, this is something you can easily make on a weeknight when you're having the munchies or need a simple veggie dish for your meal.