Rustic Irish Chicken and Cabbage Stew Recipe
This classic Irish chicken and cabbage stew is perfect for any time of the year. Try adding or subtracting optional ingredients to make it as filling or as light as you like!
How To Make Rustic Irish Chicken and Cabbage Stew
- Heat oil in a large pan and sauté the onions in the hot oil.
- Add the celery and celeriac and sauté till cooked through.
- Add the carrots to the pan and cook.
- Season with salt, pepper, and check taste.
- Season with thyme and taste again.
- Add the cabbage last and cook till soft.
- Add the stock to the pan and place on high heat.
- Add the bay leaves and let simmer.
- Lastly, add the chicken and cook untl done.
- Serve hot.