It’s Taco Tuesday and you still have no idea what to prepare. No worries, we got you covered. Nothing can go wrong with old-fashioned Tex-Mex cuisine! Those crunchy nacho chips, drenched in cheese and smothered with beef, tomatoes, and other toppings will surely give you the satisfaction.
In this recipe, we’ll show you how you can recreate the Tex-Mex Nacho dish inspired by Hooters. It’s simple and easy, all you have to do is follow these steps and you’re good to go.
This dish is perfect not only for Taco Tuesdays but for any day of the week, with or without special occasions. Serve it with your favorite dip to make it more delicious and appetizing!
How To Make Copycat Hooters Tex Mex Nachos
- ¾ lb ground beef
- ¼ cup green onions; sliced
- ¾ cup taco sauce
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can dried whole corn kernel
- 2 oz baked tortilla chips some people prefer using Doritos
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese; shredded
- ½ cup black olives sliced
- ½ cup jalapenos sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup guacamole
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat and begin cooking the meat all the way through.
- When the meat is done, remove and drain the excess oil and then return it to the same pan.
- Add in the taco sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper, beans and corn and cook until well heated.
- Remove and set aside.
- Arrange the chips on a oven safe tray or plate.
- Spoon some of the meat mixture onto the chips; add on the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives and jalapenos.
- Then, stick the entire tray into the oven and let it bake for about 1-2 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Remove, add a dollop of sour cream and guacamole on top of it and serve hot!
Commonly Asked Questions
How Do You Classify Tex-Mex?
Basically, when you say Tex-Mex, it’s the collection of food that was developed in the borders of Mexico and Texas. It is often classified by the mix of common Mexican and American ingredients. In American cuisine, sometimes Mexican food and Tex-Mex cuisine become interchangeable but it is important to note, that Mexican cuisine differs greatly.
Nacho chips are great for snacking and casual get-togethers. Follow these simple steps for you to maximize the flavor and the gastronomic experience brought by this Tex-Mex staple.